Auto-ID laboratory is accepting industrial and academic collaborations and participation. Recent collaborations
- “RFID information system based on EPC architecture”, industry, 2011
- “Next Generation Auto-ID Research”, MIT, 2005 ～ present
- “Network integrated control system standardization promotion project”, MIC, 2010.
- “Wellness community project (medication management with ICT in home care), industry, 2009-2010.
- ”Community digital signage development“、local government, 2010.
- ”Dynamic digital signage experiment ”, industry, 2009.
- “User specific data in network RFID” 、industry、2007-2009.
- “Multi-purpose RFID tag hardware platform”, industry、 2007-2008.
- “RFID wireless communications engineering”, , 2006-2007.
- “Embedded RFID for product safety”, METI, 2007.
Mitsugi Kenkyukai “Wireless Application Lab”
The students of Auto-ID Lab Japan are participating in Mitsugi Kenkyukai (Kenkyukai means “research group.” You can see more detail in Kenkyukai syllabus of Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Keio University). Our research field is about WiFi, PASMO, mobile phones, modern telecommunications services, smart grids, and wireless technology applications. Now our primary concentration is on using home sensor network to communicate with consumer electronics goods. Mitsugi Kenkyukai’s philosophy is “to create your own service by yourself”. In our lab, students will learn the basic techniques and applied technology while making hardware and software to provide services with wireless network.
Auto-ID is one of the KGs (Kenkyu Group) in RG (Research Group) a joint research project of Tokuda, Murai, Kusumoto, Nakamura, Takashio, Shigechika, Van Meter, Uehara, Mitsugi, Nakazawa Takeda in Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Keio University . In Auto-ID, we investigate the mechanism of linking information space (the Internet) and real space (physical space around us), not only making software and hardware, but also consider new ways to use them in real social. We are cooperating with manufactures, joining oversea workshops, and acquiring practical experience on wireless applied systems which is to become more important in the future.
Auto-ID is recruiting the people;
- Who have interests in wireless technologies (RFID / WiMAX / ZigBee).
- All Auto-ID research topics are related in wireless.
- Who have interest in sensor.
- Our definition of sensor is a device that links information space and real space.
- Who have interests in computational techniques.
- In the past we had conducted a research on computational methods in positioning calculation and coding theory.
- Who have interests in application development.
- In the past we did a research about developing a web site application with database and signal system of medicine box.
- Who have interests in controlling the moving device.
- Such as making transfer image’s device using electronic paper.
- Who have interests in servers and routers.
- Such as how to manage our own servers and routers in our lab.
- Who want to do practical research in cooperation with companies, other universities, cities, countries.
- Auto-ID has done practical research in cooperation with Keio’s General Affairs, Fujisawa City, Electro-Communications University, Japan Radio Corporation.
- Who still don’t know what to do but have interests in accomplishing something that can be facilitated by Auto-ID lab.
- It’s very difficult to set your own research topic. Your research idea may or may not be worth researching. Sometimes a good idea may have been tried by other people. So come talk to us and we can consult with you about your research topic.
- Who still don’t know about developing technologies but highly motivated.
- In Auto-ID, you definitely can practice development and implementation, and through that you can also learn about many useful things. If you have any questions, there will be seniors and teachers looking after you. However difficult things may be, if you work hard, you will definitely have a good result. First thing we want is “motivation”.
If you have any questions or want to have a visit, please contact via this E-Mail address.